Our Services and Departments
On instructions from Solicitors, Executors, Trustees and Insurance Brokers our services include written valuations for Probate (Inheritance Tax) and Insurance (retail replacement purposes).
Private Client work involves written valuations for Family Division and Willing Buyer- Willing Seller.
Instructions from Estate Agents and Solicitors and Banks will often require the complete clearance of contents of homes.
Items of a saleable and unsaleable value are all inventoried prior to removal from a clients property. Collection is efficient and thorough and our hauliers are often asked to superficially tidy a house up on collection for an Estate agent to market
Items of value are then consigned to our monthly antique and collectors auctions whilst items of a more specialist nature are marketed before inclusion in our specialist quarterly international antique auction.
Prior to auction our client will receive a pre sale listing confirming entry of item(s) in to a sale.
Hansons work closely with a number of local charities including St Giles Hospice, Hospice Hope, Help the Aged, Cancer Research and Heart Foundation who will often take items of no sale value at auction including white mellamine and teak furniture. Hansons also work closely with local schools and items are often recycled.
With a passion for art and antique at auction, our experts and consultants thrive on the discovery of interesting works of art whilst making the auction process efficient and manageable for our client.
Hansons Auctioneers hold specialist auctions for the following items:
- Antiquarian Books
- Asian Art, Chinese Ceramics and Oriental Artworks
- British and Continental Ceramics and Glass
- Cameras, Vintage and Modern
- Classic Cars, Motor Vehicles and Automobilia
- Clocks, Pocket Watches and Barometers
- Coins and Banknotes
- Decorative and Applied Arts
- Dolls and Teddy Bears
- Firearms and Sporting Guns
- Furniture, Garden Furniture and Statuary
- Heraldic & Family History and Family History
- Hunting and Country Pursuits
- Maps, Antiquarian and Modern
- Militaria and Medals
- Music Memorabilia, including Vinyl
- Musical Instruments and Mechanical Music
- Paintings, Drawings and Prints
- Pens and Writing Accessories, Vintage and Modern
- Rugs, Carpets and Tapestries
- Stamps and Postal History
- Swords and Weapons
- Toys, Railwayana, Scientific Instruments, Postcards
- Sporting Memorabilia and Collectables
- Vintage Agricultural & Domestic Vintage Agricultural & Domestic Tools & Rural Bygones & Rural Bygones
- Vintage Costume and Textiles
- Wine, Whisky & Spirits
- Works of Art
Hansons Auctioneers general valuers are Charles Hanson, Sarah Plimmer, John Keightley, Isabel Murtough, Edward Rycroft, Isabel Balmer, Kevin Bucknall and Vanessa Savage. Consultants include Kate Bliss, Charlie Ross, Lars Tharp, Claire Howell, Phil Ives, Don Collins, Notty Hornblower, Heather McPherson, Derek Hale, Nigel May-Brown, Jackie Quinton, Nigel Bailey, Jeremy Allen, Jeremy Collingridge and Mark Laban