Terms and Conditions of Business for Buyers
Care is taken to ensure that any statements as to authorship, attribution, origin, date, age, provenance and condition are reliable and accurate, but all such statements are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as statements or representations of fact. Hansons reserve the right, in forming their opinion, to consult and rely upon any expert or authority reasonably considered by them to be reliable. All clients are advised they are entering into a contract with Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers under English Law.
- 1.The Buyer
The highest bidder to be the buyer. If any dispute arises, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to settle it and to put any disputed lot up again for sale.
- 2.Buyer Identification
- Buyers are requested to furnish references in advance of the sale in order to avoid delay in clearing purchases. Goods will not be cleared until such references have been processed or cheques cleared. Hanson’s reserve the right not to approve any online bidder when their registration credit check is not successful and who cannot provide references. Hansons will not accept commission bids for any buyer that has an outstanding invoice.
- 3.Buyer’s Premium
The buyer shall pay the hammer price together with a buyer’s premium at the rate of 17.5% plus VAT, with a minimum charge of £5 plus VAT per lot. Internet bidding incurs an additional 5% plus VAT charge.
Motor Vehicles are sold with the reduced Buyers Premium of 10% (plus VAT)
VAT is charged on Hanson’s services NOT on the goods and is payable at the standard rate set by the UK government.
Any royalties eligible to be paid to a qualifying artist under the ‘Droit de Suite’ legislation will be added to the buyers invoice.
Immediately on the fall of the hammer, all lots shall be at the sole risk and expense of the respective purchasers
- 5.If you are an internet buyer your payment will be taken from the card you have registered with on the Saleroom.com unless you notify Hansons Accounts Team
- Failure to pay for goods within six weeks of the auction will result in the sale being rescinded. The defaulting buyer will also be blocked from bidding at future Hansons auctions.
Methods of Payment
Cash, debit card, credit card or direct bank payment.
UK Debit cards incur no extra charge. All credit and international debit cards incur an additional 3% charge.
Personnel cheques will only be accepted at the discretion of Hanson’s Accounts and on the understanding that NO goods will be released until bank clearance of the cheque has completed.
- 6.Collection / Shipment of Goods
All goods must be paid for and collected within five working days following sale. If after five working days the item has not been collected then a storage charge of £1 per lot per day will commence, the item will also no longer be insured. Hansons shall then contact the buyer in writing to confirm that this additional charge is now in place and further to that if paid for item(s) are still not collected within another 3 weeks of the date on the letter, the items will be placed back into the next auction without reserve with the buyer becoming the vendor. All Hansons terms and conditions will now apply to the new vendor of this item. A cheque will be sent out 20 working days after the sale, this will be minus our saleroom and storage charges.
- 7.Postal Service
Hansons Auctioneers do offer a postal service for clients within the UK who are not able to attend the auction or unable to collect. We are not professional packers or shippers, though we will try our best to pack items in a correct way which will ensure items arrive safely. However Hansons Auctioneers do not insure items posted and therefore will not be held responsible for making any claim for damage. There are some items that due to their nature, size or weight we cannot post out, but we can recommend couriers who you can arrange to pick the item up from our saleroom. They may also be able to insure some items which we are unable to insure. For full details see ‘Postage of items’ under ‘Our Services’ on the Hansons website.
- 8.All buyers / couriers must check their purchases prior to departure from the auction. Hansons will accept no claims for loss or damage thereafter.
- 9.Third Party Liability
Every person at Hansons Auctions shall be deemed to be there at his own risk. They shall have no claim against Hansons in respect to any accident which may occur or injury, damage or loss howsoever caused.
- 10.Rights of Admission
The right is reserved to refuse admission to the auction premises and may be used by Hansons without giving a reason.
- Selling Rate
Lots are sold at approximately 80 lots per hour for all sales.